Friday, November 7, 2014

Yr 8 camp

On Tuesday The year 8’s and I went on our camp because it was their was our last year at Pt England school. On our camp we Had to leave school on Tuesday because it was labor weekend so we had Monday off school. We had loaded the bus with our logiech
Which took 20 minutes to do and had said our goodbyes to our parents.

After saying bye to our parents we had loaded the bus with kids. We had wave to our yr 7’s friends and had left the school. We had left the school at 8:30 and was heading towards Waipu. I had ask one of the teacher how long would the ride be. She had said it would be an hour and a half.

On our way to Waipu we had played game Games just involving our hands like shadow boxing, chopsticks and eye spy. I had sat next to Wyatt trying to sleep on the bus. But it was to hard to sleep when we have just woken up and gotten ready. In a hour and a half time we had arrive at Waipu beach for our walk.

Arriving at Waipu we were relieved to get out of the bus and have lunch. We didn’t know we were going to walk near the beach after mrs Squires told us we were walking on the bath that we had to cross the river to walk. The walk took us an hour because of all the mud there was on the track .

The yr 8s and I, feets were covered with mud which slowed us down and made our feet heavier. Walking throw the bush walk just seeing a path that leads out on to the the road with light. It was a great feeling making it to the end. We were all confused because it took a while for everyone else to come and we thought we took the wrong path.

Just rearsling that we had to walk down to the beach where the buses were. As I was walking down to the beach I had seen the nice clean beach with huge waves. Just wondering if I was allowed to swim but I had no togs or towel. I was badly wanting to swim so I did.

I had swim with my friend Wyatt and running in and out of the water on to the sand. After swimming Wyatt and I had sat on the bus with no t-shirt on just our towel. Setting in the bus with no t-shirt I was waiting to get the camp site. As I was waiting on the bus I was looking thru the window at the house’s and farms.

After arriving at the campsite we had a little tour around the camp talking about things we are allowed on or not allowed. We Had enjoyed ourselves jurying camp sleeping with our friends in our cabin. Just getting to the end of the camp feeling like we had just been their for a day.Near the end of the camp on the last night of the camp we had sang around the fire singing songs of famous artists. we had sang our heart out and having performance. Going to sleep we didn’t want to leave.

We had woken up early in the morning ready to have breakfast and pack our things to go to Waiwera. We pack our bags and clothes being the first one we had left the campsite after cleaning it spotlish. We took photos and said thanks to Mr Coop for cooking for us.
Just heading towards Waiwera we had to wait for an hour and a half.

Just getting to Waiwera we had smiles on our faces ready to swim. Just entering the pools no one was there including the superficial. We had gotten change quickly and went for a swim. After going on the slides and going in the hot pool it was time to leave. It felt like we were there for minutes. Leaving Waiwera and the end of our camp were tried and finish of fun. The yr 8s and I had enjoyed our camp because it was a great place. We didn't to leave the campsite but we had to let it go. It was the best camp I've had so far.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anthony, I enjoyed reading your recount. I heard about the muddy bush walk, it sounded really bad. Did your shoes survive all that mud?
    I am very pleased that you had such a fun time at camp - it is a nice way to create many memories with your primary school friends.
    We will all miss you so much as you go on to college, but I know that you will achieve many great successes in your future. Come back and tell us about them - even when you're an old man!
    Love Miss King


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.